Here are some tips to keep your printer running smoothly:
- Use isopropyl or ethyl alcohol over solvent or ammonia based cleaners.
- Use water dampened or alcohol dampened lint free cloths.
- Always inspect paper pickup rollers for dust as they need to be cleaned periodically.
- Rollers that appear glazed or become shiny need to be replaced.
- Inspect separation pads for dust build up. Separation pads should be cleaned with alcohol or water dampened lint cloth the same way the pickup rollers are cleaned.
- Separation pads should be replaced at the same time when rollers are replaced.
- If transfer rollers are really dirty they should be cleaned. It is important to not touch the rollers with bare fingers. A dry lint free cloth must be used, if there are toner spills on the transfer roller then the transfer roller will need to be replaced.
- Inspect mirrors for dust and other build up. Compressed air or a lint free cloth work well for cleaning.
- Inspect fuser assembly rollers for any blemishes or marks; replace the fuser assembly if you notice anything out of the ordinary.
Following these tips will keep your printer running the way that it should be run. If you are having printer problems one of our trained certified technicians are on call to help service your needs. Please do not hesitate to contact us to find out more information about our servicing options to eliminate office downtime due to printer malfunctions.